Monday, June 9, 2008

A Little About Myself

I stole this survey from Josh Friedman's blog who in turn stole it from John August (two screenwriters and, incidentally, bloggers who are far, far superior to me).

ONE (1) earliest film-related memory:
1983. My dad took me to see "Return of the Jedi" at the old Cinerama theater in Hawaii. I remember my dad taking me to see it while we waited for my mom to get out of work. We stood in the ridiculously long line, which wasn't a big deal to me since I was a munchkin and I was the biggest little "Empire Strikes Back" fan. (I have a picture of me in underoos showing off the packaging of a Han Solo toy. Not the toy itself mind you, no, just the package.) This was an especially sweet memory because my dad endured the line, the Star Wars nerds and the movie itself since my dad (I later learned) isn't the biggest sci-fi fan. Dad of the Year!


TWO (2) favorite lines from movies:

There are so many to pick from, but two "Indy" quotes that come to mind:

"It's not the years; it's the mileage."

"Everybody's lost but me." (Of course... lol)


ONE (1) job you’d do if you could not work in the “biz”:

I don't actually think any of my job skills can translate into any "real world" occupation. Composing director's lists, rolling calls and covering scripts are pretty useless abilities. However, here are a couple that might be fun:

* Grade School or Middle School Basketball Coach (Got to teach them the fundamentals early!)



FOUR (4) jobs you actually have held outside the industry:
Gas station attendant in my hometown of Ewa Beach, HI... Administrative assistant for the Department of the Navy... Customer service rep for an "internet marketing company" (yes, it's exactly what it sounds like... we spam you...) Processing assistant for the Hawaii House of Representatives (I checked proposed bills to ensure that the schmucks, I mean, congressmen and women, spelled "new taxes" correctly.)


ONE (1) book authors you like:

Chuck Palahniuk


THREE (3) movies you’d like to remake or properties you’d like to adapt:
* Chuck Palahniuk's "Lullaby" or "Invisible Monsters"
* Marvel Comics' "Hawkeye" (Feige, if you're turning ol' Clint Barton into the latest Marvel franchise, give me a call!)
* Neil Gaiman's "American Gods"



ONE (1) screenwriter you think is underrated:

Scott Frank. Okay, maybe he's not that "underrated," but he is an incredible writer and I think people need to start painting "Frank is God" on the walls of LA.

No comments: